The graphics archive of the Museum of Pontevedra was established at the same time as this institution, and its source material was based on the graphics image material collected by the Archaeology Society starting in 1894 and deposited at the Museum at the time of its foundation in 1927. The collection has grown steadily, currently numbering some 200,000 graphic documents of different types.
The organisation of the Archive began in 1939, and would later include the systematic cataloguing of the collection starting in 1945, when the Graphics Archive section was created.
Since then, the graphics image materials of the Museum has grown continuously owing to donations, acquisitions and, primarily, thanks to the efforts of the staff working on cataloguing the artistic and archaeological patrimony.
|© Copyright 2004-2012, Pontevedra Museum. All rights reserved.|
Pasantería, 2-12 - 36002 Pontevedra ES - Phone: +34 986 85 14 55
top | home | contact us | legal notices